Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Mafia Marathon

I've neglected my writing for weeks now. Writing ended up as the also-ran when making a decision whether to write or watch all four seasons of The Soprano's on DVD. I've never been a big TV fan and never felt a need to subscribe to HBO. By chance I saw an episode of The Soprano's while visiting someone, and I immediately became hooked. Once I rented the first season, I couldn't wait to finish each episode, sometimes staying up until 3 a.m. to finish a disc. What a fantastic series. Such excellent writing and acting! When the show's characters draw in a person so much that one empathizes with murderers and hoodlums and is relieved when Tony Soprano gets off the hook for a murder he committed, it adds up to great stuff. After four more episodes, I'll be through--hungry for the release of Season Five on DVD. I'm almost tempted to get HBO, but then I'd have to quit reading and writing completely.

No comments: